Sunday, January 16, 2011

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes...

The Lord has an amazing way of helping me to see His hand in my life. Sometimes those ways are full of joy and excitement and sometimes they are trials that can seem insurmountable.  Yet He is always there guiding and supporting. I am sure everyone reading this post probably has felt the same at one point in time.

  I know that He was watching over my family and I these last 24 hours. At 3 o'clock yesterday the bleeding and the cramping started and the evening ended with a trip to the hospital due to excessive blood loss and repeated fainting episodes. But we are all fine now and a true feeling of peace prevails in our home. Alas we are no longer pregnant but we are happy and hopeful that in His time that another baby will be added to our family. For how could that not be...as you will well remember Parker did ask Santa for a sibling and he was very very very good this past year :) Thanks to each one of you for your thoughts and prayers. They were heard and answered.

And as the great Jimmy Buffet seems to be the sound track to my life these days it seems fitting to end this post in his words...Oh, yesterdays over my shoulder, So I can't look back for too long, There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, And I know that I just can't go wrong.



9 comments:

Mom & Marcus said...

We love you precious family. God bless you and keep you always.

Julie said...

I'm so sorry to read this. We love you guys and are thinking about you.

MARNIE HAMMOND said...

Steph you are an amazing women. We look up to you guys so much. You are so strong and always have a great outlook on life. We're sorry and are thinking of you guys. Can't wait to see you in April

Matt and Jami said...

We are thinking of you and praying for your little family! We love you!!

Shells said...

I'm was so sad to read this. Ya'll are in our prayers. Is there anything we can do for you from down here? We love and miss ya'll

Mandy said...

Aww, Steph. I'm so sorry. But you truly are an inspiration to me! Love you!

Kim said...

Stephanie, I love you so much. Call me anytime, though I understand if you might be "done" talking about it for now. Just please know that you are a mother to that perfect little spirit. Your child is so pure, he or she didn't even need to be tested on the earth. You are a mommy to a perfect child! (ok, that makes TWO now! Who am I kidding? Parks is PERFECTO!:) What an honor. You are an amazing person. You spend so much time telling other people how wonderful they are, and helping other people find the beauty in themselves, I wonder if you ever have a moment to reflect on how incredible you are. Probably not.
I know this time is so, so hard. I wish I was there to hug you and let you cry on my shoulder. One idea is to give your baby a name. My little angel's name is Jordan. Jordan and your little one can chill up there and wait for us. :) I love you so much, Steph! Please give the whole family a big hug from all of us. You're in my prayers tonight, for sure. <3

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that for everything there is a purpose and a plan, even though sometimes it just seems mean. I love you both and am keeping you and Danny and Parker in my thoughts. You are a rock star!

Brett M said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I'm glad that you are doing okay and I'm impressed (but completely not surprised) with your faith. You're right. A special little spirit will be part of your family when the time is right.

And, sorry I'm so late. I'm always bad about staying on top of private blogs!