It started off with a miscarriage but is ending with a healthy little girl due in Feb 2012! We are so excited to add this new addition to our family and Parker can't wait to hang out with, "Playzee," otherwise known as Paisley his little sister. He pats my tummy all the time and says, "Hello Playzee!" It's pretty stinkin' cute. :)
I know people tried to prepare me for the changes a second pregnancy would bring but I just wouldn't listen. I was just as sick for the first 16 weeks with this little one as I was with Parker but I also had a very busy and bright 1 year old to hang out with this time! A challenge for sure, but worthwhile. Plus I got HUGE so fast. My midwife says Paisley is measuring perfectly at 29 weeks and the ultrasound revealed an adorable and big baby girl at my last check up. Her due date is still up to her but we are hoping for her to arrive sometime between January 30th and February 5th.
Our happy family.
I like to think that Parks was really proud of us that day.
Danny's paternal grand parents. Mim Mam and PaPa.
Parker loves to Skype with them. Especially when they sing him songs!
My favorite Aunt! Now since Parker's birth known as Great Aunt Judy. The title suits her perfectly!
Stacie and I.
Danny and I were both able to complete our MS degrees this past May and FINALLY graduated from college! It was nice to share these special moments with family from back east who came out to celebrate with us for that week :) Danny managed to complete his thesis in just under 3 1/2 months with no rewrites! He also received an APA award (American Planning Association ) for his thesis work on the Great Salt Lake Watershed. It was so fun to head down to Salt Lake for a banquet honoring him and the other award recipients. He is also being featured in the USU alumni magazine for both his academic and work related accomplishments. Check out the link below to see how much he's accomplished.Wow...he really rocks doesn't he? :) I am just so proud of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.usu.edu/alumni/newsletter/2011/nov11.cfm
Danny started up his own company, Envirocentric Design, which handles everything from large scale environmental planning to design work for buildings, and is currently working with another company out of Salt Lake City to complete some pretty large projects. I am so grateful for all his effort! And am so appreciative to all those who have been so incredibly supportive during these difficult and formative months!
My sister Stacie has moved in with us from Florida and seems to be adjusting well to all Utah is and has to offer. She is working at a company called Thermo Fisher Scientific in their quality department and is establishing herself in a new place. Lucky for her there is a couple who live just up the road who are HUGE FSU fans and she has been able to watch most of this season's games at their house! We love having her here and Parker just adores his, "Yea Yee!" She is even working with some of my dear friends out here to throw me a, "Sprinkle," this weekend which is just a cute teeny tiny shower to celebrate Paisley's immanent arrival. She added a poem to the invite that said, "She's pregnant again and this time PINK is the color, Because you guessed it...Parker isn't having a brother!" Pretty witty!
Plus she is the only other person who loves Halloween as much as I do.
Here we are as geisha girls at the ward party :)
Parker is just as adorable and active as ever. Truly one of my greatest blessings that child is!!!!
He loves to be outside and to hang with his dad in his backpack on hiking trips. He also loves to read read read to himself or anyone else who will listen. He has so many of his books memorized that I think Santa is gonna have to bring him some new ones for Christmas! :) He has also recently developed a love for singing and music. He knows the words to so many hymns and Primary songs that I can't keep up! And he has a ear for songs as well. Danny was whistling a tune the other day and Parker just picked up in the middle of it and stared singing the CORRECT verse! Clearly not getting that talent from my side of the family I am nevertheless so impressed by my own kid. :)
He loves to practice his manners and is always saying, "please, thank you, excuse me, bless you, and I'm sorry," when they are appropriate. He also started speaking sentences with correct syntax! AHHHH!! He gets that from his Ga Ga for sure. :) For example as I was leaving for work the other day he said, "Mommy go to work?" I said,"Yes Honey mommy is going to work. But I love you and hope you have a good day with Daddy." He then replied after a little sigh, "Ok...have a good day mommy. Love you!" He is still a tiny midget though, weighing in at only 23 lbs during his check up last week. But at least he's healthy even if still a bit on the small side.
He loves church, nursery, taking sacrament, and seeing our Bishop. He also can't wait to be a big boy so he can go to, "Primamy," (that's Primary to the rest of us,) and sing songs with the, "pianado," ( that's a piano) and the big kids. He loves to pray and ends each prayer with, "Amen Elder Oaks." Dallin H Oaks is one of the men currently serving as an apostle in our church and as this post is getting a bit long I will have to fill yall in on that back story some other time. :)
Starting off on Rattle Snake Trail with dad.
All bundled up with sooooooooooo many places to go! (And yes those mittens are duck taped to his jacket. This kid is a master of escape!) :)
A little break from his pack.
Views from Parker's pack!
So as winter sets in here in beautiful Cache Valley we are preparing for some good times this holiday season with family, friends, and so many new and exciting experiences. We love each of you and appreciate all of your time, support, and patience with us these many moths without posts. :) Please check back soon for our new family pictures cause there are bound to be some cute ones of Parks. :)
2 comments:
I am so proud of you & Danny, Steph! And so impressed by your little wee genius! That is so awesome he picked up singing at the right time & with the right verse! wowza! Not surprised at all with his smartypants parents:) Way to go Danny! I read the bio you linked to...how AWESOME! So proud:) Love you guys!
I am so.so.so excited that ya'll have a new post up!!! Loved reading about ya'lls year! Whoa! Sounds like it was super busy and stressful, but really productive. I am so excited and proud of ya'll for your graduations. That's awesome. and CONGRATS on Paisley! I LOVE her name:) and Parker is sooo cute!!! I so wish we lived closer so that Raelee and Parker could play:( maybe one day. We miss ya'll! Happy Holidays:)
Post a Comment