Thursday, August 5, 2010

I have the need...the need for speed!

We have neighbors out here who rigged up a giant slip and slide on a massive hill on their property and they let all the kids in the area take turns on it for fun! Danny and I have both been down it several times so when our group of kids decided to head over there today I thought I will take Parks and we'll have a grand old time! So these pics and video are of our adventure at the slide. The first one is Parks at the start of the afternoon with an impish little look on his face. And yes I am giving myself a shameless plug with his onesie :)Here are Parks and I just hanging out by the slide in the shade!
This little lady is our dear friend Gabby who is one of my young women at church and loves Parks and watches him for us frequently when we need a sitter. She volunteered to take Parks down the slide for me since she was already wet. He SCREAMED all the way to the top of the slide and then didn't make a peep on the ENTIRE ride down, but then proceeded to scream again once he realized the ride was over! :)Poor Wee....he just wanted to go fast again! :)
And once the tears were dried he promptly fell asleep on me. What a cute little sleeper he is!
Here is the video...I know I said no more vertical videos but I promise this is the last one! Now just turns yall's heads sideways and watch close because that drop is a long one and Parks and Gabby come up to the camera fast and fly by it just as quickly! Notice though that Parks isn't screaming as he passes...I truly think the kid loved the ride with Gabby!

3 comments:

Mom & Marcus said...

Parks is on the go. What a fun afternoon. When does he start the swimming lessons?

Shelli Roholt said...

hey i finally put your blog on my blog followers so i will remember to ck yours out!!!! ck out our latest adventures too!!! miss you!!

nolechick said...

"Time to kick the tires and light the fires!"