Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Surgery Pictures of Steph don't worry nothing gory!

This is my friend Sandy who was awesome and took me to my surgery because poor Danny was stuck doing school stuff. Oh the life of a busy grad student!Nice hair net. :) Danny sent me a text asking if I could wear it home cause it was soooooo sexy.
This is my left foot which they preformed surgery on today. This is a pre-op picture. The doctors basically made an incision around the ankle. Turns out I needed the surgery worse than even the doctors thought. I had not one but two fractures in the foot which needed a bone graft and two bone chips not just one that needed to be removed. But the Lord knew and He found a way for the surgery to happen. It really is a rather wonderful miracle. I went in last Thursday and received the diagnosis, and thanks to the kindness of these doctors was able to receive both financial assistance which covered all but a VERY tiny amount of the procedure since we don't have health insurance and a surgery time for today! Usually it is impossible to schedule so soon but there was a cancellation and they got me in. Plus I again had my wonderful angel neighbors to help with Parks and was able to secure a sub so I didn't have to work today. And all of this came together in a matter of 2 days. God is good.
Me and my new two best friends, the crutches! I will be using these till at least Monday when I have my post op and then my boot and cast for 4-6 weeks. That won't be much fun at the beach when we go home to Florida in May but again I am just so grateful everything has worked out so well!



This is the nice nurse who reminded me to keep it elevated and you can just barely see my cast and boot!











3 comments:

Mom & Marcus said...

Cute poses! We are so glad all went well in so many ways. Please rest and take care of yourself. That is a BIG part of the healing process. You are in our daily prayers.
Love and hugs,
Mom&Marcus

nolechick said...

I love how the one pic with the nurse is the one that shows how you really probably feel. Tired and sore, but still cute!!
Don't do to much and remember that you have drugs for a reason...USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya

MiciJim said...

Can't believe you went all this time on that foot.
We're so glad the surgery went well.
REST and take good care of yourself.