Parker has achieved quite a few little milestones these past 3 weeks.
1.) He learned to wave, "bye bye," while he was with the Noble girls, Brigette and Gabby, and their friend Jessica.
2.) He has learned how to clap and loves to do so all the time!!! And as a version of this, he also is figured out how to give a "High 5."
3.) And has really started to try and say certain words like, "Meow" "Moo" "MaMa" (which I cannot tell yall how pleased I am at that one!) and "Puppy." One little side note that Danny pointed out is that though Parker refers to lots of things as DaDa, he only ever says MaMa when he wants me. I have to admit that made me feel good :)
4.) Cookie jar skills...my mom sent him a cookie jar toy that allows him to line up the correct cookie shape with its respective slot and now Parks can do that without any help. His dexterity kinda freaks me out though it makes me proud at the same time!
5.) He can completely scale the couch now without help from his dad or I! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :)
6.) He now can almost take his own clothes off. Too bad we don't still live in FL where this would not only be acceptable but encouraged! :)
7.) He LOVES his books and loves to be read to. Seriously...ALL the time! :) He is really enjoying these books called "That's Not My...... ,"and the next word tells what the book is about. For example he always wants to read, "That's Not My Dinosaur," first and then, "That's Not My Puppy," so forth and so on. The books tell the story from a little mouse's point of view as he keeps looking for the animal that is,"his," which he always finds on the last page. Regardless of what he wants to read I am just incredibly pleased at this new habit he has formed. And considering I have, what amounts to, my own small library downstairs I am soooooooooo excited for this trend to continue!
8.) He has learned the sign for the word "milk," and showed me this morning when he woke up and I was feeding him! Yea!!!! Now we are working on "more," and "please."
9.) He can now correctly, (well usually,) point to your nose, eyes, mouth, and tongue when asked! (And for some reason he thinks the word tongue is sooooooooo funny!) :)
10.) He has learned that to exit a room that has a closed door he just needs to reach that silver funny shaped thing above his head. And now he can just reach them on his tippy toes. It's only a matter of time till we have to put the safety locks on those too!
11.) I truly believe this kid will potty train early. He now grabs his crotch and holds it when he has a dirty diaper to let Danny or I know it is time to change him. This kid is such a marvel to me.
13.) He loves to feed himself and enjoys everything from eggs to you name it. But boy does he ever make a mess. Seriously.
14.) He has almost mastered going down the stairs!!!! But he would so much rather walk down them than turn around and go down backwards. :)
15.) And lastly he has learned it is so funny when he burps, farts, or sneezes. He just turns to look at you once he has made a sound or two and laughs and laughs!
And since he is officially one today let's all give a big shout out, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE PARK STAR!!!"
6 comments:
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the sweet little man Parker!!! I read over his accomplishments...he's growing too quickly! The best is yet to come...wait for it!!!
xoxoxo love to all...
Skyler has been doing the clapping and high 5 thing. so cute. Skyler wishes parker a very happy birthday and his present is at my mom's when she sees you next.
I love that my lucky number is about gettin necked!! ;)
oh he is so stinking cute!!!!!
Love our precious angel! Yes he is growing so quickly and than you for keeping us all posted!
Post a Comment