Looks like our little man does have some Florida in his blood after all! He LOVED his swim lessons with the exception of the time he had to practice with the life jacket. And I think all that fussing was just because that jacket limited his ability to move through the water like a fish as he had been used to during his lessons! :)
This is a picture from Parker's first few days taken by my friend D'Lynn whose son was also learning to swim. He sure isn't as excited out of the water as he was in! :)
The sunshirt he wears is by the company below. I thought with his nickname and all it was a rather fitting brand for him to wear.
This is Parker and I practicing with his life jacket.
Parks loves to move only his right arm when swimming. It does not matter if I have him on my left or right side. He just paddles with his right arm. Funny kid. :)
Poor angry elf...he is sooooooooo over the jacket!
I took this picture on his first day. Not only does the hat crack me up but his crossed legs and little sit-up move is too stinking cute.
Danny says it reminds him of Gilligan from Gilligan's Island. I say Gilligan NEVER wore it so well. :)
Parker is the youngest kid in his class by at least 6 months. All of the other kids can leap from the side of the pool into their parents' arms and some of them even try to swim underwater. Now we all know Parks is advanced but those things are still a little much for him. :)
So when all the big kids started to stick their faces in the water poor Parks followed suit and promptly sucked chlorine up his wee nose. That poor kid hollered for three or four minutes straight! Growing up with a pool myself I well remember that awful burning feeling too so I tried to comfort him and eventually he calmed down and paddled around some more with his right arm! :) But then he totally surprised me. I noticed he was still watching the big kids put their faces in the water but I figured he was just watching. I should have known better. Next thing I know he plunges his face into the water and then lifts his head up triumphantly and smiles at me blinking away the water with a big old smile on his little wee face as if to say, "look at me mommy! I am a big boy too!" I was so proud all I could do was laugh and hug him! This picture was taken after a lesson where Parks had earned a well deserved mid-morning snack.
3 comments:
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim....
He is so cute and I am proud that he is like the rest of us Floridians and LOVES a pool!!!!
Swim on little man, swim on
This is great! Guess some of that Florida sun and water is in his blood. Of course he loves a pool so....now he needs to come back to Florida for more quality pool time with all his Sunshine State family. Looks like you are loving this too. Go Parker!
Danny's right- the outfit does remind us of Gilligan, but one could never decribe Gilligan as CUTE!!
Steph, viewing Parks brings back wonderful memories that your Dad has of you and Stacie in the pool.
Hugs & Kisses,
Roo & Grandpa Frass
Post a Comment