Saturday, July 17, 2010

It's a Goat Mine...I mean a gold mine?

So many of you out there know that Parker has had multiple health problems since he was born with much of it revolving around his digestive system. I have tried everything but voodoo to help the little guy to be more comfortable and usually to no avail. So after the 5th or 6th time someone suggested putting him on goat's milk I thought, "heck....what do we have to lose? " So I found a little old lady from Kentucky up here in the Logan area who sells goats milk. Her name is Willa and she is a grandmotherly type woman who everyone wishes they had in their lives. She is witty and kind, and she loved Parker, so how could I not love her? :) She told me that the goat's milk would cure him of all his ills..to which I politely replied I sure hope so and thinking to myself ...yeah right! But I bought 3 quarts and listened to her tell me about her life story for about an hour or so. It really reminded me of some of the women I know back home actually. :) But again she was so sweet and entertaining and when I left she said, "now be sure and call me tomorrow or the day after to let me know how much better he is doing!". And I thought wow lady...this stuff better be truly magic for all the hype you're giving it. :) So I went home and gave Parks a few ounces and the kid, who by the way hasn't slept for more than an hour or so at a time since his dad left, slept for 2.5 hours!!!!! I wrote it off as coincidence but that night he started sleeping for 2 hour stretches and then the next day he didn't have as much mucus as he normally does. And then last night he had 1 stretch where he slept for 4 hours!!!!! Plus he isn't regurgitating hardly anything and he even slept unswaddled and flat on his back today for almost and hour and a half!!! Now all those who have had normal babies this must seem unimpressive but for the Wee it's a bloomin' miracle. So today when I showed up on Willa's doorstep she simply said, "I knew you'd be back. There are a few quarts or you in the fridge. Glad he's doing better." And this was said before I was even able to tell her about Parks improvments! :) Maybe goat's milk really is the answer and like my mom said I've possibly found a goat's mine...or a gold mine....either way if he really keeps sleeping better I don't care what kind of mine it is. :)

3 comments:

BoyMaker said...

Oh my word Stephanie! I feel so bad - had I been a better person and really paid attention to his ailments - I could have/should have told you about goats milk a LONG time ago. Shane used to have 100+ goats before we were married and knows all about their "magical milk powers"!!! I'm sorry poor Parker has suffered unnecessarily but I'm sure you will find a whole new happier baby with this liquid gold!!!

Mom & Marcus said...

WONDERFUL for Parker and for YOU!!!

JudyL said...

Hallelujah!

:)

Great Aunt J