Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Have you ever had a friend.......?

Have you ever had a friend that just makes your life better for being in it? Well I have been blessed in my short life with quite a few! Today's rock star friend award goes out to Jamie Okey!!!! I called her the other day to see about where to get a good crib bumper for Parks because his balance isn't all there yet and every time he hits his head on the crib railings he really struggles to calm himself. (Understandably!) So she says to me, "I have 2 down here (she lives in Provo, UT) why don't I just mail you one up?" I said great! And then after a long night of Parker trying to learn to self soothe.....that story for another post.....I was looking forward to the mail arriving today. But what a pleasant surprise Jamie calls me first thing this morning and says, "why don't I just bring it up and then we can visit?!" I of course said yes because she and her boys are so much fun, (she has got a set of twins and then her newest little one Tre). So about noon she and the troops arrive with not only 2 crib bumpers to choose from but a a roller toy like in the previous post that Parker loves that she just doesn't happen to be using, and a Baby Bjorn to carry Parks around in! It was like a Wee Christmas! :) So after her arrival she and I and all our boys loaded up into her mini van and headed to the American West Heritage Farm in Wellsville for the boys to see what life was like for those living in the valley from the early 1850s! We sat in tepees, shot muzzle loaders at pretend buffalo, threw tomahawks, rode on a little train and tiny ponies, and were able to pet some cute but smelly pygmy goats! It was a busy 30 minutes let me tell you! :) The picture above is of her twins and I in the little petting pen for the goats, and the little one zonked out on my chest with his hat over his pretty blue eyes would be the Park Star! :) I like to entitle this picture "Me and the Kids!" (I am too punny!)
What a great day and what a great friend!

1 comment:

Mom & Marcus said...

Love the new pics and changes to the blog! Really fits your whole family. But please keep loki's picture in some scenes. He is a good dog and Parker's best friend in the upcoming months.
Tell Jamie hi and have her share how it feels to be an all male family like you are. Glad you two could spend some special time together.
We love you all,
Mom&Marcus