Who might that strange man be with Parker you ask? It is his trusty chiropractor, Dr. Lyman!
Now I never would have thought to take a colicky baby to a chiropractor but I was at the end of my mental rope and quite frankly would have flown Parker to the moon if it would have made him more comfortable! So when a good friend of mine suggested seeing Dr. Lyman I thought, "what they hey...I will try anything! " So we took Parks in and Dr. Lyman spoke with Parker very gently and carefully picked him up out of his car seat and began to check his spine. Now I thought because Parker had been wedged in the birth canal with his left ear pushed down towards his left shoulder until my mid wife turned him that maybe his little neck was out of alignment and that was the cause of all his discomfort. But Dr. Lyman said his neck was fine but the vertebra that covers the part of the spine that innervates his digestive track was all out of wack! What a shocker! :) So he worked on Parks for a little while and after the appointment Parker actually SLEPT for 6 hours!! Holy mother of miracles and he pooped like 3 times in one day. Now for a constipated baby on formula alone this in and of itself was another small miracle. So now Parker goes to see Dr. Lyman about every 2-3 weeks for a check up and his little spine just keeps improving with each visit! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Dr. Lyman!!!!
1 comment:
Parker looks so contented in Dr. Lyman's arms. I'm soooo glad you took him in. That type of help can make all the difference. Poor little (ooops husky) Parks. Meals have not been his favorite time of day! And healthy happy babies need lots of sleep (as do new moms and dads. Looks like you found a great blessing with Dr. Lyman.
Love,
Mom &Marcus
Post a Comment