I would just like to take a minute and tell yall how great my kid is. He had such a hard day yesterday with being uncomfortable and fussy and I also found out I had mastitis. Yuck. The Dr's orders were 2 days of bed rest and relaxation. I was thinking, "seriously...you do know I have a 3 week old baby, right?" But I realized with as bad as I felt that I needed some help. So I called some of my friends in the neighborhood and 5 of them took 2 hour shifts and stayed with Parker today while I slept, pumped, and tried to relax. Not only that but these rock star ladies made me lunch and dinner and one is even coming over to stay with Parker tonight and tend to him! Our little family is sooooooooooo blessed. Now I was worried with the rough day Parker had had previously that these poor unsuspecting women would be given quite a wailing earful. But I prayed that the Lord would comfort him and help him to relax and do you know...that kid literally slept and ate almost without a peep the whole day today. To quote every one of these women he was a, "perfect baby." Just another one of those tender mercies of the Lord for which I am thankful.
6 comments:
I am so thankful and yet a wee bit jealious of those women who were able to help. The White House is truly blessed. Give hugs from me to all that helped.
Yuck - I had mastitis and it was definitely quite painful and all around made me feel awful. I hope that you are doing better!!!
Awww. That's awesome! I'm so glad you have such great people around to help you! Mom had mastitis and she said the best cure was nursing nursing nursing. I got lucky- the worst I had was a clogged duct, but that's bad enough! Feel better soon!
Our prayers are with you daily. We are so grateful for the "hands on" help that you receive....
Love you all very much!!!
Also the begining of your thought totally made me think of Fresh Prince...
You say, I would just like to take a minute and tell yall how great
Fresh Prince, I would like to tell you how I became the Prince of Belair.
Oh, you know that you just sang that in your head!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
LOVE YOU
So glad you have so much support!!! Love that Parker for all of us!
Post a Comment